The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. To this end, this Authority undertakes to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of this Authority;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that the department holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
Statistics on visitors to our websites
When you visit this website, we will record your visit only as a “hit”. The webserver makes a record of your visit that includes your IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/duration and the pages visited (webserver access log).
The Authority uses the webserver access log for the purpose of maintaining and improving this website such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, or which pages have been most frequently visited. The Authority uses such data only for this website enhancement and optimisation.
The Authority does not use, and has no intention of using the visitor data to personally identify anyone.
This website is developed and maintained by third-party service providers. All the service providers are bound by their contractual obligation to keep confidential any data they come into contact with against unauthorised access, use and retention.
Data Collection for Direct Marketing
The information collected from you will be used to keep you informed about activities and events organized by or taking place at the West Kowloon Cultural District and news about the development of the project.
You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, you may do so by:
- clicking the "Update My Preferences" link at the bottom of our emails;
- contacting our Data Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to "West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong".
If you do not wish to receive information from West Kowloon Cultural District Authority for the aforementioned purposes, you may unsubscribe from our e-newsletter at any time, free of charge, by:
- clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails;
- email us at email@example.com;
- contacting our Data Privacy Officer by post to "West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong".